The tone of this year’s Christmas supermarket adverts is more downbeat than in years gone by. And that is not surprising. Political uncertainty and the cost of living crisis has hit us in our pockets and knocked our confidence.
But if there is one thing that is certain to lift the spirits of many, it is Christmas (which is just six weeks away). The time to be with loved ones and the reminder of what is really important in life. So, here are some helpful top tips from us at Ace Electric on how to reduce energy usage but still enjoy your Christmas this year.
Here are your top tips
- Induction Hobbs. These create a magnetic field between the induction element and the base of your cookware, heating the pan directly. This means that less energy is wasted heating the cooking surface. Plus, as induction Hobbs are quick to heat up and respond, cooking will be quicker and more efficient, saving you time and money. If you do not have an induction hob contact us about availability and great deals in time for Christmas.
- Dishwasher eco-programmes. Eco-programmes generally take longer than normal cycles, but can save on energy. For example, in a dishwasher, the water is slowly heated so reducing energy consumption. Simples! Longer running cycles really can be cheaper. See if your dishwasher has an eco-programme that you can make use of.
- Vacuum cleaner washable filters. When buying a vacuum cleaner, or if you have a newish vacuum cleaner, consider whether it has a washable filter rather than replacing the disposable one every 6 to 12 months. A washable filter can be easily cleaned with water and reused, saving money and reducing your impact on the environment.
- Washing machine auto dosing. Does your washing machine have auto dosing technology? The machine uses sensors to automatically adjust to the right amount of detergent avoiding the risk of incorrect dosing which causes unnecessary waste and repeat rinsing. Fill the special dosing compartment with detergent and the machine will do the rest, saving on both your water and energy bills.
- Tumble dryer sensor technology. Sensor drying technology detects the size and weight of the laundry load. So the dryer is only on for as long as it needs to be. Once your chosen level of dryness is reached, the appliance switches itself off, saving you energy. Sensor drying technology can be found on both inexpensive and top of the range models or perhaps on a dryer that you already have at home.
If you need a new kitchen appliance in time for Christmas, and energy saving features are important to you, then feel free to contact us at Ace Electric. We’d be delighted to both recommend suitable appliances for your needs and also to advise on availability in time for the festive season.
Happy Christmas from all of us at Ace Electric